Parents, Friends and Caregivers
We are thrilled with the way the children are developing their artistic talents and look forward to sharing their artworks with you.
Collaborative teaching and learning is an important feature of an increasing number of schools throughout the world, and we are delighted to see the results of the collaborative teaching in the senior class.
The junior classes (Years 0-3) are also teaching and learning collaboratively increasingly this term.
The advantages of teaching this way include:
· The gifts and strengths of teachers are shared with a larger number of learners than those in their own class (a teacher with great art skills can give instruction to everyone while another teacher can be in support, helping other children)
· Teachers learn from each other, and the level of teaching skill tends to improve
· Teachers have more time for one-on-one targeted teaching time due to more flexibility and creative use of instructional time
· Children can be easily and efficiently grouped for workshops and small group teaching according to stage rather than age - better meeting needs of learners
· As they get to know children outside their own class better, teachers share the task of raising achievement
· Teachers can knowledgeably reflect, discuss and support each other to ensure that learning happens for each child
· Teachers feel less isolated in their classes, and receive more support and validation from each other
· If a teacher is ill, the transition to work with another teacher is easy
· If a teacher needs to do testing with one child, the remaining children can be easily engaged in quality learning at the same time
· Increased collective expertise resulting in greater effectiveness with a variety of students
· Teachers can often have more energy and greater enjoyment from teaching
Our children are so fortunate to have teachers who are ALL completely committed to the art of teaching, thoroughly focused on achievement of each child, and committed to the overall well-being of each learner. As principal, this is something I am extremely grateful for.
And when we share the results we are seeing in every class, you are going to be as encouraged as I am!
Two practical things to focus on this week:
Name ALL uniform articles and undies BEFORE SWIMMING on Thursday PLEASE!
All swimming money is due in this week. Please email June if you need to pay week by week.
Swimming lessons start on Thursday. Payments or arrangements for payment should have been received by the office yesterday.
Bring bathing caps and goggles if you have them. All children with long hair need a cap or a hair tie.
School Uniform Hats
School hats are now available from the uniform shop. Cost is $10 and the hats come in a range of sizes. School hats are not a compulsory uniform item but please see below as to what hats are acceptable under our policy.
Children without hats will have to play in the shaded areas during playtimes.
Students can wear black sandals rather than black socks and shoes during the summer. A hat is compulsory if your child is in the playground.
Our policy states : “require students to wear hats which protect the face, neck and ears, whenever they are outside and involved in school activities. Students at school without a hat must remain in an allocated shaded area or inside at break times. Hats must be broad-brimmed (min 7.5cm), or legionnaire/bucket hats (min 6cm brim, deep crown). These hats provide significant protection to the eyes”.
Open Days/Try Days
In term four we will have Open Days/Try Days every Tuesday for anybody who would like to see the school in action and prospective students. If you know anybody who is interested in the school please encourage them to come and check us out.
October 24th and 31st Rooms 3 & 4 Honouring Assembly
November 7th and 14th Room 2 Honouring Assembly
November 21st and 28th Room 1 Honouring Assembly
December 1st Volunteers Honouring Assembly
December 12th Prizegiving
These are the dates for the Board Meetings for the rest of the year.
You are always welcome to attend they are held at 7.00 in the staffroom.
28 October, 9 December
In term 4 each child will produce a piece of artwork that will be made into a calendar or pack of 8 cards/envelopes or diary.
This will be a fundraiser to enable us to get new bean bags, a couch and cushions for the refurbished library.
Calendars will be $12.00
8 pouch of cards and envelopes $12.00
Final day for ordering will be Wed 29 Oct. They will be available mid Nov to enable you to get these posted away for gifts for family and friends. An order form will be sent home in term 4.
Picnic/Talent Show/Guy Fawkes
Friday 31 October
Shared dinner/picnic followed by a talent quest. Start practicing now. Guy Fawkes will round off the evening.
Our postponed zoo trip has been scheduled for Monday 24th November. Something for the children to look forward to.
24 Oct Rooms 3 & 4 Honouring Assembly
28 Oct Board of Trustees Meeting
29 Oct Interschool Crosscountry
Calendar /Diaries/Cards orders in
31 Oct Rooms 3 & 4 Honouring Assembly
Picnic, Talent Show and Fireworks night
4 Nov MCS Athletics Day
5 Nov Parent Group Meeting
7 Nov Room 2 Honouring Assembly
14 Nov Room 2 Honouring Assembly
16 Nov Anniversary Church Service
21 Nov Room 1 Honouring Assembly
24 Nov Zoo Trip
28 Nov Room 1 Honouring Assembly
3 Dec Parent Group Meeting
1 Dec Volunteers Honouring Assembly
5 Dec Carols by Candlelight
8 Dec Rainbow Care Day
9 Dec Board of Trustees Meeting
12 Dec Prizegiving Assembly
Art Exhibition/Bible Fair
16 Dec Last Day of School for Year
iPad and Laptop engraving
$10 to have your name and phone no engraved on your iPad or laptop. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ph 094250201/0274824209.
Take a Kid Fishing - Warkworth Lions Club Annual Event
For Kids 12 years old and under
Kids must be accompanied by an adult
· Sunday February 22nd 2015 9a.m. to 3 p.m.
· From Sandspit wharf, Warkworth
· Limited numbers
· Registrations compulsory and close Thursday February 19th at 5 p.m.
NO LATE ENTRIES accepted.
· Registration forms available from January 7th at Diving and Fishing Snell’s Beach, Hunting and Fishing or online at email@example.com
· Rules and information on Registration forms.
Prizes, Raffles, sausage sizzles!